Dr Ngwobia Peter Agwu
Senior Lecturer and Consultant urologist, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto. Nigeria.
Dr Ngwobia Peter Agwu is a Senior Lecturer and Consultant urologist. He attended Federal Government College Okigwe Imo State and the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he obtained his medical degree.
He is a Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria. He also had post- fellowship training in urology and renal transplant at the Urology and nephrology Centre, Mansoura Egypt and the Madras Medical Missions, Chennai, India. He has been involved in teaching and mentoring of generations of medical students and residents in surgery. Currently, he has been involved in training and supervision of urology residents
He has research and clinical interest in General urology, Reconstructive urology including but not limited to complex urethral reconstructions, genital reconstructions, female genital fistula repairs as well as in andrology and has published articles on the above areas. He is a reviewer of several national and international journals. He is married to Mrs Ngozi Peter Agwu and they are blessed with four children.
1.Ngwobia Peter Agwu, Ali Lasseini. Stuttering priapism post C-spine schwannoma excision: case report. Int Surg J. 2020 Sep;7(9):3077-3081
2. Ngwobia P AGWU, Muhammadu A SADIQ , Abdullahi ABDULWAHAB-AHMED, Emmanuel U OYIBO. Management of Catheter-Associated Urethral Strictures. Orient Journal of Medicine Vol 32(1-2) Jan-Jun, 2020.
3. Ngwobia P. Agwu1, Abdullahi A. Ahmed1, Abubakar S. Muhammad1, Ismaila A. Mungadi1, Emmanuel U. Oyibo1, Mairo Hassan. Management of complex genital fistula: Experience in a tertiary sub-saharan hospital. Int Surg J. 2020 Apr;7(4):998-1003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2349-2902.isj20201379
4. Ngwobia P. Agwu, Ahmed M. Umar. Practice of the use of oral mucosa graft urethroplasty among Nigerian urologists. Int Surg J. 2020 May;7(5):1351-1356
5. N. P. Agwu, A. Khalid1 and. A. Mungadi. Retained Urethral Catheter: Novel Method of Removal Using Trans-rectal Ultrasound Guidance. Asian Journal of Research and Reports in Urology 2(1): 1-5, 2019; Article no.AJRRU.50806.
6. Ngwobia Peter Agwu , Abdullahi Abdulwahab-Ahmed, Abubakar Muhammadu Sadiq, Emmanuel Ugbede Oyibo, Ismaila Arzika Mungadi. . Management of Impacted Urethral Calculi: An Uncommon Cause of Acute Urine Retention in North-western Nigeria. International Journal of Clinical Urology 2020; 4(1): 1-5 http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/j/ijcu doi: 10.11648/j.ijcu.20200401.11
7. Ngwobia Peter Agwu and Ismaila Arzika Mungadi. Oral Mucosal Grafts in one-stage urethroplasty for panurethral strictures. International Journal of Surgery and Medicine (2020) 6(2):26-33.
8. Ngwobia Peter Agwu, Abubakar Sadiq Muhammad, Abdulwahab-Ah11med Abdullahi, Bello Bashir, Jacob Ndas Legbo, Ismaila Arzika Mungadi. Pattern and outcome of management of Fournier’s gangrene in a resource‑constraint setting. Urol Ann 2020;12:248-53.
9. Ngwobia Peter Agwu, Khalid Abdullahi. An Alternative to DJ-Stenting for Ureteroneocystostomy: Experience at a Tertiary Health Facility. Archives of International Surgery. Ais_6_2020_032.
10. Abubakar Sadiq Muhammad, Ngwobia Peter Agwu, Abdullahi Abdulwahab-Ahmed, Khalid Abdullahi, Kabiru Abdullahi, Ahmed Mohammed Umar, Ismaila Arzika Mungadi. Metastatic Cervical and Supraclavicular lymphadenopathy from Prostate Mimicking Lymphoma: A Case Series. Open Journal of Urology, 2019, 9, 93-101;
11. Abubakar Sadiq Muhammad, Abdulwahab-Ahmed Abdullahi, Ngwobia Peter Agwu, Ismaila Arzika Mungadi. Urologic day-care surgery in a Tertiary Hospital in Nigeria: A 4-year review. Sahel Med J 2019;22:214-8.
12. Agwu NP, Awosan KJ, Ukwuani SI, Oyibo EU, Makusidi MA, Ajala RA. Awareness and attitude to deceased kidney donation among health-care workers in Sokoto, Nigeria. Ann Afr Med 2018;17:75-81.
13. Abubakar Sadiq Muhammad, Abdullahi Abdulwahab‑Ahmed, Ngwobia Peter Agwu, Garba Yunusa1, Khalid Abdullahi, Ismaila Arzika Mungadi .Use of Transrectal Ultrasound in the Management of Urologic Diseases in a Tertiary Hospital in North‑Western Nigeria. Nigeria. Niger Postgrad Med J 2018;25:172-6.
14. Abdullahi Abdulwahab-Ahmed, Kabiru Abdullahi, Mohammed A. Umar Ngwobia P. Agwu, Abubakar S. Muhammad, Abdullahi Khalid. The pattern of urine cytology in a tertiary health care facility Northwest Nigeria. Int Surg J. 2019 May;6(5):1458-1461.
15. A S Muhammad, N P Agwu, A Abdulwahab-Ahmed, S B Abubakar, A U Musa, I A Mungadi . Pattern and Management of Priapism in a Tertiary Hospital of North-Western Nigeria. East & Central African Journal of Surgery 2017; Vol. 22 (1)
16. A. Sadiq Muhammad*, Abdullahi Abdulwahab-Ahmed, Peter N. Agwu, Khalid Abdullahi, Ismaila A. Mungadi. Management of obstructive nephropathy in a tertiary hospital in North West Nigeria: A five-year review. East & Central African Journal of Surgery 2017; Vol. 22 (3)
17. Abubakar Sadiq Muhammad, Ngwobia Peter Agwu, Abdullahi Abdulwahab-Ahmed, Khalid Abdullahi, Ismaila Arzika Mungadi. Safety and efficacy of ultrasound‑guided percutaneous suprapubic cystostomy in resource‑poor setting: A 7‑year review. Urol Ann 2018;10:24-8.
18. Hassan M, Nasir S, NP Agwu, Adoke A U. Urethrovaginal Fistula Following Trauma From A Collapsed Building: A Case Report. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 17, Issue 8 Ver. 5 (August. 2018), PP 74-75
19. Abdulwahab-Ahmed A, Umar AM, Muhammad AS, Agwu NP, Mungadi IA. The Pattern and outcome of ureteroscopy in a tertiary healthcare facility in north-western Nigeria. Savannah Journal of Medical Research and Practice. 2018; 7 (1); 17-22.
20. Kehinde Joseph Awosan, Edzu Usman Yunusa, Ngwobia Peter Agwu, Suleiman Taofiq. Knowledge of prostate cancer and screening practices among men in Sokoto, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences | Nov-Dec 2018 | Vol 9 | Issue 6: 51-55.
21. Abubakar U. Musa, Muhammad . Ndakotsu, Sani B. Abubakar, Peter N. Agwu Chronic Myeloid Leukemia with initial presentation as ischemic priapism: A case report and review of literature. Archives of International Surgery 2017; 7: 68-72.
22. Hussaini Yusuf Maitama, Ngwobia Peter Agu, Usman Mohammed Tela. Penile agenesis: A case report. Ped Urol Case Rep 2014;1(6):16-23 DOI:10.14534/PUCR.201468062.
23. Awosan, K.J., Isah, B.A.1, Alayande, M.O., Enokela, E., Makusidi, M.A., Agwu, N.P., Abubakar, A.U., Abdullahi, Z. Aderahman, A.T. Knowledge, attitude and practice related to management of cutaneous leishmaniasis among physicians in tertiary healthcare facilities in Sokoto, Nigeria. Global Advanced Research Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences (GARJMMS) (ISSN: 2315-5159) Vol. 2(12) pp. 256-263, December, 2013 Special Review Issue Available online http://garj.org/garjmms/index.htm.
24. Dr. U. Abubakar, Dr. H. M. Liman, Dr. A. M. Makusidi, Dr. N. P. Agwu, Dr. A. C. Opara, Dr. N. Musa, Dr. P. A. Nazish1, Dr. I R. Jamalu1, Dr. O. O. Opara, Dr. S. I. Ukwuani. Arterovenous Fistula Creation Using the Brachial Artery and Cubital Fossa Veins: A Viable Option in our Environment. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2015; 26 (1):135-136
25. Anas A Sabir, Abdullahi D Zagga, Sadiku M Sahabi, Peter N Agwu. Klinefelter’s Syndrome. report of a case from Sokoto, northern Nigeria and review of literature. Sahel Medical Journal 2013; 16: 32-33.
26. I A MungadI, Y Ahmad. G H Yunusa, N P Agwu, S Ismail. Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser Syndrome: Surgical management of two cases. J Surg Tech Case Rep, 2010, Jan-Jun 2 (1), 39-43.
27. I.O Ntia, I. A MungadI and N.P Agwu. Management of anorectal malformation in children: a 10 year experience in Sokoto,Nigeria.. Sahel Medical Journal, vol 10, no 4 Oct-Dec 2007, 128-131.
28. N. Mbah, W Ek Opara and N.P Agwu. Waiting time among acute abdominal emergencies in a Nigerian Teaching Hospital: Causes of delay and consequencies. Nigerian Journal of Surgical Research vol. 8, no 1-2, 2006; 64- 68.
29.Mungadi IA, Jabo BA, and Agwu NP. A review of appendicectomy in Sokoto, North-western Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Medicine 2005; 14: 459.